Workplace Health and Safety Policy
The Workplace Health and Safety is the company’s first and utmost priority, since it is imperative that all employees, associates, subcontractors work in a safe and healthy ambience. In this respect the Administration is fully committed:
- To provide safe work conditions and to assure the healthy environment for all its employees, as well as for all persons that may be affected by the company’s activities,
- To take all necessary safety measures for the prevention of incidents and the minimization of work-related risks,
- To provide to its personnel all necessary personal protection equipment (PPE), as well
as the required information and trainings for performing the work incident-free,
- To comply with the relevant health and safety regulations and legislation,
- To communicate and interact with its personnel and take into account any relevant suggestions that may improve the work conditions.
The personnel are responsible to apply and make use of the provided means and safety equipment as occasionally required, for their own safety, as well as for persons that may be affected by their works (i.e. client, passing-by individuals).
For achieving the above the company has established a total health and safety management system in line with the International Standard ISO 45001, for managing all issues related to workplace health and safety. The Administration provides all required means and resources,
as well as its full support, throughout all stages of the system’s implementation, aiming for the improvement of the company’s performance and for the continuous improvement of the health and safety management system.
This policy has been communicated to the company’s personnel, it is accessible to anyone that may be interested and is annually reviewed.
MSKAT Civil Works Administration acknowledges that the company’s activities have an impact on the Environment, therefore is committed to:
- Setup an operation scheme for minimizing the deterioration of the Environment by adopting measures for natural resources savings, prevention of pollution and sustainable usage of the Environment’s resources,
- Fully comply with the applicable environmental regulations and legislation. For achieving the above the company has established a total environmental management system in line with the International Standard ISO 14001, for managing all issues related to the Environment.
The Administration provides all required means and resources, as well as its full support, throughout all stages of the system’s implementation, aiming for the improvement of the company’s environmental performance and for the continuous improvement of the environmental management system.
The Administration assures that all members of the company’s personnel are acquainted with the environmental management system and have received the relevant training, so that they may comprehend the environmental aspect of each activity, while being aware of the impact of such activity on the Environment.
The Administration manages its relations with suppliers and subcontractors in such a manner, to promote mutual benefits that will contribute to the protection of the Environment.
The Administration communicates to its personnel its stance towards the Environment and expects by them to participate in the common effort for the continuous improvement of the company’s performance, by applying the current policy. The Administration is annually reviewing the Environmental Policy to ascertain its suitability and effectiveness.
MSKAT Civil Works is a construction company and is active in the construction and construction management of buildings and other technical projects, of the public and private sector.
The company Administration’s objectives are the following:
- To assure and achieve high construction quality standards for the projects that the company undertakes, as per its contractual obligations and pursuant to the applicable regulations and legislation,
- To solidify the company to its clients’ conscience as a high-quality construction company Further to the foregoing the Administration is committed to:
- Comply with the desire, requests and expectations of its clients,
- Continuously improve the quality of construction, while establishing measurable objective quality targets and monitoring the company’s performance,
- Aim for sustainable growth identifying and acknowledging the potential risks and opportunities that are presented throughout the company’s operation,
- Allocate all required resources (human, plant & material) and setup such work environment to achieve the company’s targets,
- The optimization of the company’s operation cost,
- Provide its employees the opportunity for training and continuous professional development, to promote professionalism, knowledge and responsibility, while focusing on the enhancement of their skills.
In order to achieve the above the company has established a total quality management system that complies with the International Standard ISO 9001, for the application of methods for controlling and monitoring the quality throughout all operations of the company’s scope.
The company’s Administration will annually review the Quality Policy to ascertain its suitability and effectiveness.